General Farm Worker
Due to proposed expansion of our business we are looking to grow the team at Corston Farm. Are you interested in an exciting career opportunity with our diverse family farming business?
General Farm Worker - Permanent
The role involves working with the dairy team to manage the herd, although at times you may be required to undertake other tasks as part of the farm team.
RE Evans Farms Ltd is a family farming business based in the heart of Pembrokeshire coast’s National Park. The business has two dairy herds, an earlies to main crop potato programme, winter brassica and daffodil production as well as cereals and grassland encompassing over 2,000 acres.
Working as part of a farm team you will work with the dairy team to manage the herd, although at times you may be required to undertake other tasks.
- Assisting with young stock cattle feeding
- Calf rearing
- Scraping out the dairy building using a scraper tractor and general tractor duties
- Bedding livestock sheds
- TB testing and drenching cattle
- Liaising with the dairy team to arrange specific tasks
- Other tasks to ensure the smooth running of the dairy herd
- Practical experience of managing young stock and beef.
- Working knowledge of – genetics, record keeping, hygiene standards, H&S regulations.
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Flexible working approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Full UK driving license
Competitive salary/hourly rate
REEF Standard Pension offer
28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
3 bedroom farm based accommodation
Training opportunities to further develop skills/knowledge
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a close knit team working for a successful diverse agricultural business, please get in touch.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter explaining why this role appeals to you to RE Evans Farms Ltd, Orlandon Cottage, St Brides, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 3AP or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 31 October 2019.