RE Evans Farms Ltd is a family farming business based in the heart of Pembrokeshire coast’s National Park. The business has two dairy herds, an earlies to main crop potato programme, winter brassica and daffodil production as well as cereals and grassland encompassing over 2,300 acres.
Due to continued expansion of the business we are looking to recruit an Agricultural Mechanic/Fitter to join the successful and expanding mixed farming business. The successful applicant will have full responsibility for maintaining a large diverse fleet of machinery used for the dairy and arable enterprises. The role will suit an ambitious individual who is looking for a new challenge in a busy, expanding and diverse environment.
The ideal candidate must be forward thinking and a highly motivated individual with a broad knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of agricultural machinery. The role requires someone who can prioritise and schedule maintenance programmes and importantly be responsive to the needs of the everyday farm business.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Implementation of repairs, servicing and breakdowns
- Fabricate parts or components, as necessary
- Ensure that all work/maintenance is recorded and carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- A high focus on Health and Safety within the work environment
- Road testing vehicles and carrying out necessary inspections
- Schedule maintenance periods for all vehicle and mechanical equipment and maintain appropriate records
- Proven experience working on a broad range of farm vehicles and machinery is essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to build a strong rapport with all departments across the farm
- Self-motivated and able to work off own initiative
- Appetite to expand existing knowledge in accordance with an ever changing and developing farming industry
- Full UK driving licence
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be working for a successful diverse agricultural business and be part of the close knit farm team, please get in touch. In return we offer a competitive and comprehensive package.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Friday 30th April 2021.